Saturday, January 21, 2012

Winter Wonderland

We finally got our first snowfall of winter last Tuesday. Snow is something that I'm generally quite happy to do without, but you can't argue with how beautiful it makes everything look.
Even ordinary, every day things look magical when they're covered by snow--8 inches in this case.
We have a forested hill behind our backyard that looked particularly beautiful.
The snow was enough to cancel work, and we celebrated by going outside first thing and playing in the snow. Mike played in the snow, at any rate. I was content to be the family photojournalist.
Mike threw a snowball at me at one point. I couldn't believe it! My own husband! I wasn't even wearing gloves. I tried kicking snow in his direction and I even got a couple of hits in, but I was no match. A minute later, he thought it would be fun to throw snow in the air and for me to photograph it as it came back down. Remembering our snow fight moments ago, I kept "not quite getting the perfect shot." I think he ended up throwing 5 or 6 huge armfuls of snow on himself before I finally told him it was OK to quit. If you can't win a snowball fight through force...

1 comment: