Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Baby's First Picture

Thanks to our ultrasound last week, we found out that we're having...

A GIRL!!!
We are so excited!! We've already decided to name her Sophia Lily Clark. When we got home, Mike called all his friends and told them that his "Daddy's Little Princess" is on her way. He was NEVER this excited when he thought we were having a boy. Correction, make that when I thought we were having a boy. So sure was I that our baby was a boy, I even referred to her as "he/him" for the first 4 1/2 months. I think my Mother's Intuition is on the fritz. I'm seriously going to have to apologize to Sophia for the confusion.

Mike is the cutest dad. As we walked out of the ultrasound, he turned to me and said, "We should celebrate by going and getting Sophia her first outfit!"

Well, you can't say no to that, so off to the mall we went. We visited the typical stores like Gymboree and Children's Place, but Mike was unimpressed. I thought there were a lot of adorable clothes there, but Mike felt like they weren't cute enough. We finally ended up at JC Penney and separated from each other looking for clothes. All of a sudden, I heard Mike running up to me excitedly because he had found the perfect outfit.

And it seriously is the cutest outfit. He chose the one on the left. He even picked out the cardigan to go with it. The one on the right is a bonus outfit because...why not.

On our way to the cash register, Mike stopped and said, "We forgot to get her shoes!!! And socks!"

So back we went and got some things to complement the outfit.

I feel I must insert a note here: I didn't forget the shoes. That's not in my nature. I've actually had Sophia's first two pairs of shoes picked out online since before we got pregnant, just in case we had a girl. Now I'm free to get them, but I haven't had a chance to run it by Mike. They're handmade and a teeeeeeensy tad bit more expensive than the $10 ones you get at JC Penney. But they're so cute!!!!! Anyway, I didn't say anything at the store because I think Mike should be encouraged to get his daughter shoes. And, frankly, I'm willing to let Sophia have piles of shoes if it means I can dress her in them.

3 comments:

  1. So very cute! I like that we're sticking with flower names for the first daughters in each family. Did you do that on purpose? :)
    love
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Why not?!
    BTW, I also was sure she was he until the sono-pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I'm so happy that your little lady is going to be oh so cutely dressed thanks to both Daddy and Mommy. I'm so happy she's coming to your family. What a fun name! I've often thought that Lily or Lillian would be a perfect name for one of our girls. I'm happy we'll have a Rose, Violet and Lily. And Sophia is "love-rly". Why did you guys choose it?

    ReplyDelete