Monday, January 23, 2012

When Winter Gets a 'Tude

I read somewhere that, during a freezing rain storm, once ice reaches more than 0.2 inches on trees, they are in danger of breaking.
Check. It. Out. I think we can safely say that this is more than 0.2 inches. The trees behind our yard bent lower and lower...
...and then broke one by one, shattering on the ground.



By Friday morning, I think we counted about 12 trees behind our yard that had snapped in half.


I also had to go back to work on Friday. It was a shame, because we had to clean off the cars and the ice had made these really cool patterns.


Seriously, how does it do that?!?


The front of our car was the coolest. I think it looks like crab legs. I can't even begin to figure out how that happens. If anyone knows, please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment