Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Incredible Date Part 1

Last week, Mike asked me if it was OK if he planned something special for our Friday night date. (Um, trick question? Of course it's OK!) Excited to see what he came up with, I got home from work and found the table was set for an oh-so-yummy spaghetti dinner. When I got up to take my plate to the sink, I found a little scrap of paper with the following message:

Ready for our date?! For this journey you'll need your camera! ...and a decipherer (bring your iPhone).

Ooooooo! The air was thick with the aura of mystery. I was intrigued. Mike sent me upstairs to get the camera and when I came back down, this note had sneakily taken its place:

WE'RE NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE! To settle this riddle, travel back in time to a foreign country: LAKEWOOD. Where are you? One amony many, your answer lies set in stone.

Off we went. I had to find out what the destination was by Google-ing in my iPhone (the clue decipherer) what I felt the key words might be. This was, by far, the toughest clue. It was also quite clever. When I finally googled "settlers" and "Lakewood," I finally came up with The Old Settlers Cemetary.

We had fun goofing off among the headstones. But, as the clue hinted, I was looking for a specific "one among many" that "lies set in stone."



The answer was the one tombstone in the entire cemetary that was written in a foreign language. We're not sure which language, though. Anyone, anyone? We're going with Dutch.



Once I found out the answer to the first riddle, Mike presented me with the second clue and we were off. Where? The answer is...


...to be continued.

1 comment: