Sunday, January 23, 2011


Mike is the ward mission leader for our ward, and as such he has to give the lesson about once a month. His turn to teach was this morning. Subject: agency. I walked into the Sunday School room and Mike had written this on the board:It's a picture of "Dean" choosing whether or not to exert his free agency by jumping into the whirlpool. Those two things on the lower right part of the pond? I thought they were fish or lily pads, but Mike just informed me that they are the eyes of the crocodiles waiting to eat the hapless Dean should he wander into their end of the pool...

I had to laugh because "Dean" happens to be Mike's alter ego. If there is mischief to be made, "Dean" does it. Mike's told me that if anything comes out of his mouth that hurts my feelings, it was really Dean who said it. All behavior that is dorky, naughty, or otherwise in questionable taste, it's Dean rearing his rascally head.

No one could figure out why I was laughing so hard at the perilous saga of Dean through the lesson. It was a terrific lesson though, and I couldn't resist taking a picture of it at the end.

1 comment: