Monday, August 27, 2012

Three Months Old!

Our little cutie turned 3 months old today. I can't believe how much she's changed since we last saw everyone. She grew out of a lot of her 0-3 month things just today, which made me so sad until I realized that she also fits into a bunch of clothes that I've been excited for her to wear. And thus I appreciate the Parenting Paradox: the anticipation of her next new and exciting milestone is tinged with utter dismay at how fast she's growing up.

I'm a developmental pediatrician, so I've probably noted her more subtle milestones. Bear with me, because I'm going to share them all with you.

She bats at objects persistently.

She has lots of new facial expressions, especially when she sees something new that interests her...like the iPhone.

She grabs at her clothes and brings it to her mouth to suck on it. She does this all the time.

She drools. Oh, does she drool. You can see to the right of her chin the start of a drool spot that started within moments of putting on her dress.

After our household goods arrived, she realized that she now really likes her swing. This is wonderful, as it means that we can now put her down from time to time without her crying.

She also decided that she likes bath time. It helps her relax at night. Last bath, it helped her relax a little too much, as we ended up having to sanitize the tub after she had a massive poop in it.

And she learned how to squeal. Let it be known that this is NOT my favorite new trick that she's picked up.


Sophia is our sweet, happy little girl. It is so fun discovering her beautiful personality. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us up to date with Sophia's growth and all around cuteness! We love it and always want more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! I love all of her different expressions. Oh the poop in the bath episodes. Ella did it ALL the time. Ivan has yet to do that to us. Thankfully.

    ReplyDelete