Sunday, July 8, 2012

I was going to continue my catch-upping, but I'm putting that off today. (See comment about procrastination in previous blog post.) The reason is that there's another post that I want to write about today that simply couldn't wait.

Our move is coming up. The Army couldn't schedule movers before we're leaving for DC, which is beyond stressful for me. Awesome Emily and another woman in the ward said that they would be able to be here when the movers come, but the fact that we take off and leave all our stuff behind is causing significant anxiety. I've been trying to get some stuff packed into bins this week, since I won't be here to oversee the movers doing it. 

While I was going through one of our closets, I found a calendar from 2010. I was about to trash it, but I decided to open it up instead. I found the following notation on the calendar:

This was January 31, 2010, our first official date where Mike drove up from Newberg to my apartment where we made soup together, watched a movie, and had our first kiss. :) The rest of the calendar was filled with other cute notations reminding him of dates we were to go on and when he was supposed to get off work early to drive up to see me. My favorite is this one:

July 3rd was Mike's and my 2nd anniversary. It was very hard to celebrate it in style because Sophia saps up the majority of our time and energy and what's left goes into moving and work. Steve and Emily were so kind to watch our baby girl for a few hours while we took in dinner and a movie. We saw Brave, which I highly recommend. It was wonderful to be together--just the two of us. 

When I saw Mike's cute little calendar reminders, I got all warm and gooey inside. I married such a sweet, romantic man. He makes me a homemade birthday cake then worries that he hasn't done a good job. He randomly comes up and kisses me. His face lights up when I walk in the room just to sit by him. He watches Sophia so that I can nap. He gives me a wake-up call from my nap with the following heart-melting picture:

Thank you for two wonderful years, Mike. You are the best husband anyone could ask for. Happy 2nd anniversary. 

Oh, and here's a gratuitous Sophia picture:

2 comments:

  1. I love the cute little pen finger huggers:) Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send all the gratuitous pics of Sophia that you can. Sweet post Michelle.

    ReplyDelete